fredag den 29. juli 2011

A Pakistani speaks out !

: "As person of mixed pakistani and danish descent i find myself quite embarrassed by all the fuss created by pakistani muslims in scandinavia. Fact of the matter is that there are very few places in the world where pakistani muslims enjoy the level of freedom, equality and support that they get in scandinavia. having lived in Pakistan all my life i can certainly assure my fellow pakistanis in scandinavia that they are more free to be muslims THERE than they would in pakistan. It is true that there is much negativity against muslims at a political, social and legislative level. However such negativity does not appear out of the blue. Unfortunately a large proportion of pakistanis and/or muslims from other nations are currently exploiting the scandinavian welfare model while at the same time denouncing the society that provides them the welfare. On one hand these people have no qualms about receiving handouts from the “immoral west” but on the other hand they waste no time in sending their children back to pakistan (using welfare funds) for “re-education” in madrassas that teach them to despise the west. Is it then any wonder that scandinavian society looks negatively on pakistanis and muslims in general? I stand side by side with all muslims in the demands for equality before the law. However, as it is, many muslims demand special treatment due to religious and/or cultural reasons even as equality is denied to any non-muslim in their home country. I am a firm believer in islam. However my belief in islam does not require me to condemn the scandinavian culture. It does not require me to refuse integration into the society in which i live. it does not require me to form an insular community which clearly despises its host contry. It does not require me to force my daughters and wife to dress in a manner not permitted by the laws of my host country (after all people in pakistan justify the persecution of ahmedis by referring to our “democratic laws of 1971? – even though the laws are a clear breach of fundamental human rights). It does not require me to behave with arrogance and a false sense of entitlement that unfortunately characterizes many of the pakistanis i have had the misfortune of meeting in Denmark. If one does not like the society one lives in, then one ought to LEAVE. It is hugely embarrassing for me as a pakistani to be associated with those who will not integrate into scandinavian society for XYZ reason, but at the same time also refuse to leave scandinavia on account of the excellent welfare system they have there. This nonsense of insulting the culture that is filling your belly is beyond contemptible."

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar